Our research team is unstoppable! The development of a solution for welding tubular structures for the automotive, railway and aerospace sectors is currently underway.
The welding fixture, made from Fabbrix® PLA HT with high dimensional stability and high mechanical performance, represents a turning point in the world of industrial applications.
In addition to the drastic reduction in processing costs, some of the main advantages related to large format additive manufacturing are:
- Customizable monolithic products
- Possibility of creating complex geometries by overcoming construction obstacles typical of traditional manufacturing
- Reduction in the number of parts
- Elimination of labour costs for the manufacture of the fixture
- Possibility to build ergonomic lightweight structures, easily transportable by the operator.
Furthermore, the use of inserts made of a material like Fabbrix® PPS safeguards the fixture 3D printed in polymeric material. Its high strength allows it to withstand the thermal shock of a nearby weld.
Are you interested in collaborating with us for the development of this application?